After creating your Store, the next step is to specify your Fulfillment Service and Fulfillment Location.
- The Fulfillment Service is your fulfillment provider, as configured and activated in Shopify.
During Order Import, PackageBee imports only line items/SKUs that have been designated for this Fulfillment Service in Shopify. If the order contains SKUs that were not designated in Shopify for the specified fulfillment service, those SKUs are not imported to PackageBee.
For more information, including how to configure and activate Fulfillment Services in Shopify, see Shopify: Custom fulfillment services.
- The Fulfillment Location is the inventory location of your 3PL, as configured and enabled in Shopify.
When PackageBee exports the shipment, Shopify checks that inventory for the item/SKU is in stock at this location. If not, order processing fails in PackageBee with an error. (see below).
For more information, including how to configure and enable Fulfillment Locations in Shopify, see Shopify: Locations.
Set Fulfillment Service and Location in PackageBee
- In your PackageBee Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your Shopify store.
- In Connection details, select your Fulfillment Service and Fulfillment Location from the drop-down menus.
- Click Save changes.
Note about inventory errors
When PackageBee exports a shipment, Shopify verifies that the inventory is stocked at the specified Fulfillment Location. If the inventory is not at that location, order processing fails in PackageBee with an error.
To view order errors, in your PackageBee Dashboard click Orders, and click the order number. For more information, see PackageBee: Search for orders.
For example, if the Fulfillment Location is set incorrectly, orders may fail with error 422: None of the items are stocked at the new location.
If you encounter this error:
- Verify that your Fulfillment Service and Location are set correctly in PackageBee by following the steps above.
- Verify that Fulfillment Service and Fulfillment Location are properly configured in Shopify. (For more information, see the Shopify documents linked above.)
- Reprocess the order. (In PackageBee Dashboard, click Orders; click the order number; in the order view, click Actions > Reprocess.)
Next: Import Settings