July 2023: These instructions have been updated for Shopify app store installation.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
To set up a Shopify store in a new PackageBee connection:
- First, while logged in to Shopify as a Store admin user, install the PackageBee app from the Shopify app store. This creates and authorizes a Shopify store configuration in PackageBee that you will use when creating the connection.
- Then, in PackageBee create the new connection for the Shopify Store.
- In the PackageBee store setup, select the store's Fulfillment Location, and adjust any other options as necessary.
Detailed steps are outlined below.
Install PackageBee app from Shopify app store
- In Shopify, make sure you're logged in as the Store Admin. Go to https://apps.shopify.com/packagebee in the Shopify App Store, and click Add app.
- Click Install app to authorize the connection between PackageBee and Shopify.
- When authorization is successful, a Shopify store is created for you in PackageBee. You're redirected to PackageBee, and shown a welcome message for new Shopify users, with links to the Shopify New User's Guide.
The steps on this page align with section 1 of that guide. Below, you'll find additional details about the various store options available for fine-tuning the integration.
Now that you have an authorized Shopify store in PackageBee, the next step is to connect it to your warehouse.
Create a Connection using the newly created Store
- In the sidebar, click Connections. In the upper-right, click + Add Connection.
- Under "Basic Information," enter a Connection name. For example, "Store Name Shopify - Warehouse Name". Then, click Continue.
- Under "Warehouse Setup," for "Warehouse Name," enter a Warehouse name. For example "Store Name - Warehouse Name".
- In the "Fulfillment Provider" menu, select the WMS platform you'll be connecting to. For example, "VeraCore", or "ApparelMagic".
- Enter the Connection settings for your selected fulfillment platform.
Note: For more information about setup for your specific fulfillment platform, go to the Order Destinations section in the PackageBee Knowledge Base, and choose your fulfillment platform. You'll find all the necessary information there, including how to Gather API Credentials, and enter them in the Warehouse Setup to Enable API Access.
- When you're done configuring the WMS, click Continue.
- In "Store Setup", at "Select a Store", select the Shopify Store that was created for you when the app was installed in Shopify. (Its name contains the primary domain of your Shopify Store.)
- Click Add Connection.
Now the connection is created, but some additional setup is necessary before it can be enabled.
In the next steps, set the store's Fulfillment Location, and any other options you might need.
Finish configuring the store in PackageBee
- In the PackageBee sidebar, click Stores, then click the name of the Shopify store.
- Select the Fulfillment Location for this store (as defined in Shopify Settings > Locations).
- Optional: Edit any of the following settings:
- Fulfillment Service — Filter order lines by the product's configured fulfillment service. If set to All (the default), order lines are not filtered by fulfillment service.
- Filter orders by location — If enabled, only orders assigned to the Fulfillment Location are imported.
- Exclude empty orders — If enabled, orders with no line items are not imported.
- Use local currency — If enabled, use monetary values in the buyer's local currency.
- Notify customer — If enabled (the default), Shopify will email the customer with shipment confirmations.
- Include Duplicate SKUs — If enabled, inventory sync will write available quantities to all Shopify products whose SKU matches the warehouse SKU.
- Include Partial Fulfillments — If enabled, import orders that are partially fulfilled in Shopify. Enable this option to import orders with virtual products such as gift cards.
- Financial Status Import Options — Import orders with any of the selected financial statuses. One or more of:
- Accept orders after — Import only orders created after this date. Defaults to 5 days before the connection is created. Note, the earliest accepted order creation date is 60 days ago (Shopify restriction).
- When you're done, click Save changes.
Next: Review Order Status