The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API access must be enabled.
Gather Admin credentials
A user with full access is required to allow access to Shopify APIs. If you are the Shopify administrator, you can use those credentials when configuring your PackageBee store.
Or, you can create a separate Staff account with full access, which can be shared with a third party who configures the integration for you.
Add a Shopify Staff account
- Log in to your Shopify administration panel.
- In the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Under the Staff members heading, click the Add a staff member button.
- Use a secure email address that you control (e.g., "@company.com") for the Email address.
- Fill in the staff member details, and click the Send Invite button.
Once you have completed these steps, your account manager will receive an invitation to your Shopify store allowing them access.
Note: It is recommended the new Shopify staff member retain full access at least until the integration process is complete.
Gather Shop Name / Store Address
The Shop Name / Store Address is the text in your store URL preceding .myshopify.com that can be used to log in to Shopify.
Once you have gathered these credentials, provide them to your 3PL account manager to complete the integration setup.
Next: Enable API Access