The connection between a Store and a Warehouse can be customized further to streamline your order fulfillment workflow. For example, you can direct that all orders labeled "Free Shipping" at your store be shipped by "USPS - Priority Mail" at your warehouse.
Workflow customizations in PackageBee are implemented by order rules. Order rules are optional, except for the Shipping Transformer rule, which must be defined before PackageBee can automate order fulfillment. This is so, because different warehouses use different shipment codes ("carrier codes"), and PackageBee needs to know which codes your warehouse uses.
The Shipping Transformer order rule maps the shipping methods used by your eCommerce platform to the carrier codes used by your warehouse management system (WMS). When the WMS receives the order, the warehouse will know exactly how to ship the package.
Add a Shipping Transformer Rule to your Store
- In the left pane of your PackageBee Dashboard, click Stores.
On the right, click your Store name.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click +Add rule.
- In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for your rule. Then, click +Add Action.
- In the Select action to perform drop-down menu, choose Shipping Transformer.
Next, configure the rule condition ("if this is true"), which defines the requirements for the rule action ("then do that").
- In the IF clause, enter the shipping description from your Store. Then click Edit.
Note: The text of the shipping description must exactly match the way it appears in your Store.
- In the SHIP VIA dropdown, select which warehouse shipping method should be used for orders that match your shipping description. Click OK.
Tip: After you have incoming orders in PackageBee, you can gather shipping descriptions from existing orders. In the PackageBee Dashboard, click Orders, then click any order to view its details, including its shipping description.
- To finalize the rule, click Save changes.
Note: The Shipping Transformer is the only required order rule. However, using the PackageBee Rules Engine, you can create a variety of custom rules to tailor your fulfillment workflows as needed. To add new rules at any time, from the PackageBee Dashboard click Stores > Store Name > Rules. For more information, see About Order Rules in the PackageBee Help Center.
Next: Test your setup