The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, access to the Camelot API must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in PackageBee
- In your PackageBee Dashboard, click Warehouses.
- Click the name of your Camelot 3PL merchant.
- In Connection details, enter your API credentials:
- Webservice URL
- Client Code
Auth Mode — one of:
- Optional: Specify the Carrier Billing Code, one of:
3rd party Collect
Prepaid 3rd party
Prepaid & Add
Optional: Set the Local Time Zone to be used in
OrderDatevalues sent to Excalibur.
- Click Advanced Options, and specify the following:
Trading Partner — usually
Shipment Import Profile ID — default:
Order Status Profile ID — default:
Inventory Export Profile ID — default:
- Optional: Import Shipments Containing Only The Given Order Status — import only Shipments with this status. If no status is specified, all shipments will be imported.
- Optional: If your Excalibur installation has Paged Inventory enabled, check this box to enable the feature in PackageBee.
Notes about Paged Inventory:
- Paged Inventory must be enabled for the Excalibur webservice by a Camelot 3PL support representative.
- Paged Inventory needs to be either enabled or disabled in both Excalibur and PacakgeBee, or inventory sync will not function properly.
- For more information, contact your Camelot 3PL support representative.
- Click Save changes.
Warehouse Setup, Implementation Tips and Troubleshooting
When setting up your PackageBee warehouse connection to your fulfillment provider who uses Camelot 3PL as their WMS, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Camelot has three database objects specifically for PackageBee (Order In, Order Out, and Inventory Out).
- When setting up a warehouse in PackageBee, under Advanced Options, you must enter the following credentials:
- Trading Partner
- Shipment Import Profile ID
- Order Status Profile ID
- Inventory Export Profile ID
- Verify that the values for Trading Partner, Shipment Import Profile ID, Order Status Profile ID, and Inventory Export Profile ID in PackageBee are identical to your settings in Camelot for Trading Partner, and the corresponding Profile names:
- Once you have set up your warehouse in PackageBee and have tested sending an order to Camelot, if you receive the following error message, you'll need to update the XMLport objects in Camelot to match the latest XMLport objects.
- If you receive the following error message, contact PackageBee Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a list of current PackageBee IP addresses to whitelist:
- To ensure that orders can be synced, make sure that both Shipment Methods and Carrier Codes are configured.
Next: GetOrderStatus methods