The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, access to the REST API must be enabled.
Enter REST API credentials in PackageBee
If you have not yet gathered your REST API credentials, follow these steps first:
- In your PackageBee Dashboard, click Warehouses.
- Click the name of your 3PL Central warehouse.
- Under Connection details, for API version, choose REST (Version 2).
- Enter your REST API credentials:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- TPL Key
- User Login ID
- Customer ID
- Optional: Specify the following settings:
- Inventory Mode, one of:
- Facility ID — The ID of a specific warehouse where products are assigned and managed. (default: 1)
- Local Time Zone (default: GMT-05:00 Eastern Time)
- Carrier billing code, one of:
USPS Third Party
FedEx Third Party
UPS Third Party
- FedEx or UPS Account Number, if applicable
- Customer Retailer ID, if applicable
- Carrier Billing Postal Code, if applicable
- Include Package Details — Enable this option to send shipment data to the sales platform at the line-item level. (default: disabled)
- Filter Deactivated Products — Enable this option to exclude inactive products from inventory updates. NOTE: enabling this option will incur additional (billable) API calls to 3PL Central. (default: disabled)
- Click Save changes.
Next: Note About Order IDs