Follow these steps to set up your ClickBank + ShipStation integration:
- Gather API credentials from ClickBank.
- Gather API credentials from ShipStation.
- Create a PackageBee account.
- Connect to your ClickBank account.
- Connect to your ShipStation account.
- Create Shipping Transformer Rule.
- Enable Integration.
- Verify Integration.
Gather API credentials from ClickBank
First, your unique API credentials must be gathered from ClickBank. You will use them to configure your PackageBee Store in a later step.
Gather API credentials from ShipStation
Your unique API Key and API Secret must be gathered from ShipStation. They will be entered into PackageBee in a following step. To gather the API credentials:
- From the ShipStation Vendor Portal, click API Settings.
- The required details are under the API Keys heading. If the keys are not displayed, click the Generate API Keys button.
Create a PackageBee account
To create a PackageBee account:
- Create your PackageBee account at the Sign Up Page.
- In the Fulfillment Provider drop-down, select ShipStation.
Note: PackageBee will refer to ShipStation as "Fulfillment Provider" and "Warehouse" within the application and in instructions.
- Complete the form, and click Sign Up.
- You will be automatically logged in to PackageBee, and taken to the PackageBee Dashboard.
Connect to your ClickBank account
To connect to your ClickBank account:
- From the PackageBee Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click Add Store.
- Name the Store and select ClickBank from the drop-down menu
- After selecting ClickBank, enter the API credentials (that were gathered in Step 1) in Connection Details.
- Click the Add Store / Save Changes button.
- Your ClickBank Store will be added, and you will be shown your new Store page.
Connect to your ShipStation account
To connect to your ShipStation account:
- From the PackageBee Dashboard, click Warehouses.
- Click your warehouse, which is named default.
- Name your ShipStation warehouse.
- Enter your ShipStation API credentials that you gathered in Step 2 in Connection Details.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Note: If needed, you can designate specific stores in ShipStation for PackageBee to route orders. Email PackageBee Support at email@example.com to set this up.
Create Shipping Transformer Rule
Before enabling your integration, you will need to create an order rule called the Shipping Description Transformer Rule. This rule maps the shipping description available ClickBank with the shipping codes that you have set up in ShipStation. To create the required rule:
- From the PackageBee Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click your ClickBank store.
- Click Actions > Settings.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click Add a Rule.
- Define a name for the rule, then click the Add Action button, then select the action Shipping Transformer
- Enter the shipping description that you wish to map exactly as it appears in PackageBee for orders.
- Click EDIT next to THEN and select the shipping method that this shipping description should be mapped to.
- Once you have selected the shipping method, click OK and then click Save changes.
Enabling your integration will begin the process of automatically pulling in orders from ClickBank and sending them to ShipStation. To enable your integration:
- From the PackageBee Dashboard, select Stores.
- Click the store name of your ClickBank store.
- Click Actions > Enable.
- You now see that your store has been Enabled. Orders will begin to be imported from ClickBank every 15 minutes.
- Note that on your Stores page the store icons will turn from gray to green (enabled).
After enabling your integration, live orders will be imported from ClickBank and sent to your ShipStation account. You can also create test orders from ClickBank. Once these orders are sent to ShipStation, you can view them in ShipStation to make sure they entering correctly. Once you ship the items, shipping and tracking information will be automatically pulled from ShipStation and uploaded to ClickBank.
To test orders:
- Verify that you are seeing Orders synced from ClickBank by navigating to Orders from the PackageBee Dashboard.
- If the Status in the orders show as Error, check to see if there are notifications by clicking Eventsfrom the PackageBee Dashboard.
- If there are no Events, you can try to Re-Process the Order by clicking the Action menu and selecting Re-Process
Errors that may occur
When testing, you may encounter errors that indicate that there is a problem with your integration setup, such as:
- SKU Mismatch - A SKU Mismatch is when the the SKUs in ClickBank do not match exactly to the SKUs at your fulfillment provider. This error can be caused when a product SKU X is created in CB, but there is no SKU X at the fulfillment provider. Make sure the SKUs in CB are uploaded to your fulfillment provider or vice versa.
- API Call Failure - In rare circumstances, there may be a hiccup in communicating with the CB API that will cause an API Call Failure. If this occurs, you can re-process the order as described above.