The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected platforms. In order to automate fulfillment, API Access must be enabled.
The following steps are required to enable API Access to WooCommerce:
Get the DropStream plugin
- In the WordPress Admin Dashboard, click Plugins.
- Search for the DropStream plugin.
- Click Add Plugin.
- Activate the DropStream plugin.
Create Administrative User
Next, create an Administrative user in WooCommerce. In a later step, you will enter the credentials in PackageBee, to provide API access.
Follow these steps to create an Administrative user in WooCommerce.
- In the WordPress Admin Dashboard, click Users.
- Click Add User.
- Provide a Username and Password.
- Under Role, select the Administrative role.
- Click Add New User.
Note: The Administrative role must have Shop Manager access, and must exist throughout the use of the integration.
- Retain the Username and Password of the new user.
Gather Store URL
Take note of your Store URL, which is the root domain of your WooCommerce store.
Next: Enable API Access