Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) are merchant-defined codes that uniquely identify products in a warehouse. It is critical that the SKUs defined in WooCommerce exactly match the SKUs loaded into your fulfillment provider's warehouse management system.
Configure SKUs in WooCommerce
- In WooCommerce, click Products.
- Edit the product of choice.
- Scroll down to Product Data.
- Under the General Settings tab, view or edit the SKU.
- Uniqueness is not enforced for WooCommerce SKUs, so ensure that SKUs you create are unique.
Configuring Product Variation SKUs
If you will be using product variations, leave the parent (Product) SKU blank and configure a SKU for the child (Variation) only. WooCommrce sends the SKU as Product SKU + Variation SKU, so if the parent SKU is blank, only the variation SKU is pulled.
- For example, if the Product SKU is "ABC" and the variation SKU is "DEF123", WooCommerce will send this as "ABCDEF123".
- If you want the SKU to appear as "DEF123" only, then leave the Product SKU blank, and set the variation SKU as "DEF123".
- PackageBee supports two product types for WooCommerce: Simple and Variable.
- PackageBee does not support the Composite product type.