About the Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule
An Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule maps the shipping descriptions in your e-commerce system to the shipping methods available at your fulfillment provider. For example, orders that show "Free Shipping" can be mapped to "USPS - Priority Mail" at your fulfillment provider, so when the order arrives they know how to ship the package.
An Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule will apply a specific warehouse management system carrier code to an order based on the mapping configured with this rule.
Note: This rule must be created to automate fulfillment.
Gathering Shipping Methods from Cart
You can gather the available shipping methods from your e-commerce system. For information specific to your e-commerce system, you can search for "gathering shipping methods" in the PackageBee Support Center.
Gathering Shipping Methods from Orders
You can also gather the shipping descriptions from orders as they come into PackageBee. In the left pane of your PackageBee dashboard, click Orders. In the Orders view, click an order to view its details. Here, you'll find the Shipping Method that needs to be mapped.
Creating Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule
To add a new Order Shipping Description transformation:
- Open the desired store.
- Click Actions Settings.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click Add a Rule.
- Define a name for the rule, then click the Add Action button.
- Select the action Shipping Transformer.
- Enter the shipping description that you wish to map exactly as it appears in PackageBee for orders
- Click EDITnext to THEN and select the shipping method that this shipping description should be mapped to.
- Once you have selected the shipping method, click OK, then click Save changes.