The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, access to the Business Central API must be enabled.
If you have not yet registered an app in Business Central and configured it in the PB App Marketplace, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in PackageBee
- In your PackageBee Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your Business Central store.
- In Connection details, enter your Tenant ID.
- Click Authorize.
- In the pop-up, log in to Dynamics 365 Business Central with your username and password.
- When prompted, authorize the app connection.
- In PackageBee, select the Business Central Environment, Company, and Warehouse Location for the integration.
- Optional: Update Ship Qty By — In some fulfillment scenarios, Business Central orders will contain a kit/bundle quantity on the order (such as a number of cases), but the fulfillments will list quantities of the components (such as units in a case). By default, the integraiton will divide the shipped component quantity by the Units of Measure value, to send the original bundle/kit quantity back in the ship confirmation. (Default setting: Divide by Unit of Measure.) To send the actual quantity of fulfilled component items instead, select Actual Value From Shipment.
- Click Save changes.
Next: Order Import Status