Update, March 2023: Please open a ticket with PackageBee support at firstname.lastname@example.org to create a new Shopify connection.
Follow these steps to create a new app in Shopify to connect to PackageBee.
- Log in to your Shopify Store as the Store Owner. In the lower-left, click Settings .
- In the Admin dashboard, on the left, click Apps.
- Scroll down and click Develop apps for your store.
If this is your first custom app, click Allow custom app development at the next two prompts:
- Click Create an app.
- For the App name enter "PackageBee App". (This name will show up in the Shopify order timeline for API events.) Then click Create app.
- In the App Development page, click the Configuration tab. Next to Admin API Configuration, click Configure.
- Under Admin API Access Scopes, enable the following scopes:
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.
- Scroll back up and click the API credentials tab. Under Access tokens, click Install app.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Install.
- Under Admin API Access Token, click Reveal token once.
- Copy the token and paste it into a document for your records. This token will be used in the next steps to enable API access in PackageBee.
When the token has been generated, please provide it to our support team at email@example.com, and include the name of the Shopify store.