Note: These steps have been updated as of December 2022.
Follow these steps to create a new app in Shopify to connect to PackageBee.
- Log in to your Shopify Store as the Store Owner. In the lower-left, click Settings .
- In the Admin dashboard, on the left, click Apps.
- Scroll down and click Develop apps for your store.
If this is your first custom app, click Allow custom app development at the next two prompts:
- Click Create an app.
- For the App name enter "PackageBee App". (This name will show up in the Shopify order timeline for API events.) Then click Create app.
- In the App Development page, click the Configuration tab. Next to Admin API Configuration, click Configure.
- Under Admin API Access Scopes, enable the following scopes:
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.
- Scroll back up and click the API credentials tab. Under Access tokens, click Install app.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Install.
- Under Admin API Access Token, click Reveal token once.
- Copy the token and paste it into a document for your records. This token will be used in the next steps to enable API access in PackageBee.